Under The Tuscan Sun: Through Your Lens
JUNE 4-11, 2016
How about Italy? Join me for this exquisite exploration of the stunning Tuscan-sunned countryside, and the art-steeped towns. This week-long Terra workshop will immerse you in the local people, art, architecture, and nature of the Chianti hills. It will emphasize the landscape and rural life between Vagliagli and Radda-in-Chianti, as well as the world- renowned art of Florence. There will be views along the Arno River, a visit to the 1000-year-old town of Siena, and the medieval architecture and narrow streets of the hill town, San Gimignano. Local Village markets and famous wineries will not be ignored! We will be housed at a beautifully restored ex-monastery that dates back to 1203 AD, the Tuscan Renaissance Center, our unique lodging for the week. Here we will have our breakfast and dinner meals plus evening lessons and critiques.
- Have a meaningful, enjoyable, and educational experience
- Improve your visual and technical mastery of the film or digital medium, regardless of your current level of expertise
- Capture and create memorable images, and
- Stimulate your creative photographic imagination for the rest of your life.
Because of the small group size, each person receives a significant amount of personal attention with the opportunity to interact with me (the instructor) and each other throughout the day.
Carefully planned daily excursions will allow abundant time for photography at visually and intellectually stimulating venues. Most mornings (and after dinner, if you wish), will have a presentation by me, and one-on-one attention to your photographic and processing interests and needs.
Digital photography provides tremendous opportunity for immediate feedback, critique and sharing, greatly facilitating the learning process. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring not only a digital camera, but also a laptop computer.
In a studio set aside just for us, those shooting digitally will have the opportunity to download their images for immediate editing, review, and comment. I will offer instruction in Adobe Camera RAW and Adobe Photoshop for editing, organizing, image enhancement, and image manipulation. I am also very adept at HDR processing in Photomatix and has mastered the extensive filter system in Nik`s Color Efx Pro 4 software. If you are familiar with some other software, you are welcome to use that.
For more information contact me at (717) 377-6721 or email@example.com, and visit the website of Il Chiostro: Arts, Culture, and Culinary Workshops Across Italy at ilchiostro.com – Under The Tuscan Sun.
$2,550 p/p; non-participants $2,250
$550 for single room-limited availability; $150 p/p for Jr. Suite
· Accommodation (shared double or single room as priced above) in restored monastery
· Daily traditional breakfast and dinner, including wine
· Daily photography classes and critiques
· Full day excursions to Siena and Florence
· ½ day excursion to nearby hilltown (San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Radda, Volpaia…)
· Pick up from Florence train station at 3:30pm on arrival Saturday
· Transfer to bus/train station in Siena on final day
Does Not Include:
· Lunch (lite lunch will be available for purchase on days we are not out on excursion)
· Museum entry fees
· Independent meals and sight-seeing
· Travel insurance (which we strongly recommend)
The photo workshops I teach are perfect for any photographer whether beginner or advanced.
I do not expect you to start at the level of a National Geographic photographer, but when you leave, you will feel like one! I am very good at seeing life in new and unusual ways, and I will be right there with you, ready to answer questions, offer technical advice, and suggest different artistic approaches. Also, the day is not over when the sun sets: the evenings will be devoted to a detailed critique of your images, working out technical bugs and offering ideas that will boost your photographs to a higher level.
I have had 30 years of experience
as a National Geographic photographer,
and now it’s your turn!
This website was designed and is managed by Beyond The See
© 2016 Raymond Gehman. All rights reserved.
No content may be used whole, in part, individually, or as part of a derivative work without expressed permission from Raymond Gehman.