Northern India Photo Tour 2018
Friday, February 16 – Saturday, March 4
This all new photo tour and workshop takes you to one of the world’s greatest countries, INDIA! Be assured we will travel in style and comfort, with accompaniment by a guide and interpreter, while experiencing all the adventure and excitement of India’s grandest, most legendary highlights. Our tour will begin in Old Delhi in what once was called Shanjahanabad, the 17th century capital of a Mughal emperor, and is now the center of Delhi’s most captivating and chaotic street scenes. From there we will visit the city of Varanasi, on the epic Ganges River, Mecca for India’s Hindu population, where we will photograph an unparalleled human drama.
Next, we are off to Udaipur, where historic temples reflect in Lake Pichola and the markets bustles with Rajasthani artisans, well-known for their exquisitely crafted pieces of jewelry and other regional treasures. Next we travel to the beautiful Blue City in Jodhpur’s Old Town, and from there to Jaipur, famous as the Pink City. Another major attraction here is the Amber Fort, a dramatic hilltop fortress-palace.
Two of the tour’s best highlights are next on our agenda. First we set our sights on Agra, home for the lavish Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. We will have plenty of opportunities to photograph this jewel of Muslim art in the best light possible! Our next, and final stop brings us to the city of Virindavan, where we will celebrate and photograph the Festival of Holi. This ancient Hindu celebration of love and rebirth is the most vibrant and colorful of all of the major Indian festivals, offering an unparalleled photographic opportunity.
We will return to Delhi, for a farewell dinner and slide show of the participants’ best photographs. Travel departures are on the following day. If you enjoy landscape, people, culture, architectural, or street photography, then this is the workshop for you!
How To Register
This 16 night tour is priced at $3,950 or approximately USD $250.00/day. This deposit of $100 USD will save your spot until the first installment of $1,925 USD is due, October 31, 2017. Final payment of $1,925 USD is due January 30, 2018. The $100 reserve-your- spot payment is non-refundable. The first installment is refundable prior to December 15, 2017.
You may register for this photo tour at any time by contacting Raymond Gehman, but there is no guarantee your spot will be saved until a payment is received, via Pay Pal or a check. Please contact Raymond Gehman directly to pay your deposit via check.
TRIP PRICING & PAYMENTS
This 16 night tour is priced at $3,950 or approximately USD $250.00/day. Pricing is for double occupancy. There will be a single occupancy surcharge of $1230 or approx $76 per day. Payments, by check, to Raymond Gehman, are required as follows:
The tour price was computed using an airfare cost of $330 for the two flights ( Day 2: Delhi to Va- ranasi and Day 5: Varanasi to Udaipur). If the actual cost, which is beyond our control, exceeds this ammount then there may be a surcharge which will not exceed $100.
Cancellations and refunds: The $100 reserve your spot payment is non-refundable. The first install- ment is refundable prior to December 15, 2017. After that date, a refund will only be made if some- one takes your place. The tours ongoing marketing efforts may provide a replacement, however, there is no guarantee. Alternatively, the party canceling their reservation may designate a replacement. After the final payment is made, there will be no refunds. The tour organizer may have a waiting list replacement, but there are no guarantees. Again, you are free to designate a replacement.
PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDES
1. Entrance fees for the scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
2. Activities listed in the itinerary.
3. Accommodations: Package price is for double occupancy. Single occupance room supplement is applicable for guests desiring their own room.
4. All hotels in the itinerary serve a complementary breakfast. Lunch and dinner will be extra. Typically they will cost between $8 and $12 apiece.
5. Accompanying English-speaking guide service during the city tours mentioned in the itinerary. 6. Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver.
7. Driver and airconditioned vehicle.
8. Flights as listed in the itinerary. Flights: Delhi –Varanasi–Udaipur sector (See Supplement) Please note for all India domestic flights, free luggage allowance is 15 kg for check in luggage and 7-8 kg for hand carry baggage.
9. Drinking water: 2 bottles of mineral water per person per day in the car.
PACKAGE PRICE EXCLUDES
1. Travel insurance, while not included, is highly recommend.
2. Flight/Accommodation/Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
3. Visa Fee
4. Tipping: tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc. You can pay more or less depending on their services. We recommend $4-6 per person per day to the driver and $3-5 per person per day to the guide. It is not necessary tip to our airport rep- resentatives however, if you arrive in the wee hours, $2 is appreciated.
5. Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, cam- era fee in monuments, etc.
6. Optional activities
8. Excess Baggage Charges.
Preparing For Your Trip
A thirty day visa is easy and fast to obtain on line but we suggest that you do it now https://www.e-visaindia.org.in
• Pack light. Professionals like Raymond rarely need more than a roll aboard and their camera bag.
• It is going to be warm so cold weather clothes are not necessary
• Good walking shoes.
CAMERA GEAR TO CONSIDER
• Camera Rain Coat – The Holi festival is colorful but messy
• Polarizer – Sun is really bright Memory Cards
• Back-up drive
• Tele-extender – subjects may be far away
• Sun Hats
• Outfit for Holi – Your clothes will get wet and colors create permanent stains
Visit the CDC website for the latest recommendations and health tips
MEDICINES TO CONSIDER
• good daily probiotic
• Cipro (ask your doctor, of course)
View the Full Itinerary PDF
I have 30 years of experience
as a National Geographic photographer,
and now it’s your turn!
The photo workshops I teach are perfect for any photographer whether beginner or advanced.
I do not expect you to start at the level of a National Geographic photographer, but when you leave, you will feel like one! I am very good at seeing life in new and unusual ways, and I will be right there with you, ready to answer questions, offer technical advice, and suggest different artistic approaches. Also, the day is not over when the sun sets: the evenings will be devoted to a detailed critique of your images, working out technical bugs and offering ideas that will boost your photographs to a higher level.
© 2016 Raymond Gehman. All rights reserved.
No content may be used whole, in part, individually, or as part of a derivative work without expressed permission from Raymond Gehman.